Thursday, January 22, 2009

fashion jewelry trends for the new year

We are fortunate to be living in America with abundant resources and intellectual talent. I offer support to our new President Obama to hold true, a vision that is shared by millions of people around the world. Let's get crackin' and find our originality by bringing out the best in every person. Success is the responsibility of the individual, and I'm going to do my part!
The original designs you will soon see posted, offer my great clients reflections of who they are. You will see and feel the beauty each necklace holds. I'm looking forward to sharing my new work with everyone out there!

If this were a piece of paper, it would be handmade. The ink I use is vintage Parker "Sapphire" which is bluer than India.

Thoughts on fashion trends for 2009:I was surprised when walking around the Museum Shop at the Detroit Institute for the Arts last month. The sales ladies, and the personnel all commented on the necklace I had made with large tagua nuts in a warm orange, suspended in a collar form with raw nuggets of rock crystal, sterling silver beads along with vintage brass beads and citrine. Earlier, I was in the African Arts exhibit, which is a collection full of masks, clothing, bronzes, statuary and adornments where many of the patrons stopped to comment on my necklace design, and it was VERY well enjoyed.
During the Innaugural events, I noticed alot of color. The first was yellow and gold,and the other were shades of purple. And I suspect the relationship is significant. Yellow is such a hopeful color,while amethyst is a color of enlightenment...of wisdom.

I strongly sense a forward look of rich ethnicity, and a lot less bling. Earth will provide the warm terra cottas and represent the strength of our nation. The shades of green available in agate,tourmaline,vesuviate and jades will appeal to the sensibilities of everyone wanting new direction into a renewable energy like sun and wind and fuel cells, victory gardens and becoming healthy.

LIVE LIFE WITH PASSION!!!
NONE BUT THOSE WHO ARE HAPPY IN THEMSELVES
CAN MAKE OTHERS SO. William Hazlett

Always forgive your enemies...Nothing annoys them so much. Oscar Wilde

KINDNESS IS THE LANGUAGE WHICH THE DEAF CAN HEAR AND THE BLIND CAN SEE. Mark Twain

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment