Thursday, March 26, 2009

Arcosanti

After leaving my sisters home in Phoenix following an Oscar Party the night before, I drove up to visit my friends in the Prescott and Cottonwood areas. The temps were in the 90's and I had a wet bandana wrapped around my neck. Man, was it hot! And this is February 23rd...
The bells of Arcosanti were calling me, so I drove down the dirt road and spent a few hours walking around enjoying the concept Paolo Soleri created way back in the 1960's. His idea seems simple, but in its simplicity comes challenge. Our earthly elements such as water and sun are harnessed using efficient collection designs,thus allowing gardens to grow and energy to be stored. There are tours of the bronze casting studio and campus site, and the gift shop has at least a thousand bells hanging from the rafters. Either cast in bronze or sculpted of stoneware with organic patterns,it's hard to choose just one! The views are great,too!

No comments:

Post a Comment